Consumer Packaged Goods
Whether it’s from suppliers, distributors, retailers, or the consumers themselves, consumer packaged goods (CPG) firms face evolving pressure from throughout the supply chain. Display space changes, consumer preferences evolve, and companies in the CPG industry have to stay ahead of the curve.
Knowing all of this, these manufacturers often need to remain flexible—taking on the role of both a discrete and process manufacturer as they look to provide customers with new products. As the industry evolves, companies need to do so as well if they hope to remain competitive, agile, and in control of costs.
At MIBAR, we not only understand the needs of the modern manufacturer, we have customized solutions to meet the unique needs of many in the consumer packaged goods space as well.
Enterprise Resource Planning
One of the biggest threats to CPG manufacturers is the lack of real-time information regarding finances, supply chains, and inventory. Many companies rely on a mish-mash of legacy systems, spreadsheets, and paper-based processes to close the books, generate a report, or even count the inventory.
While this would already be a challenge for a single-focus manufacturer, CPG firms are taking on the role of both a discrete and a process manufacturer. With tight margins to begin with, a delay or an error could be hazardous to cash flow or the entire outlook of the business. However, thanks to modern, CPG-focused ERP, these companies can take control of their processes, increase visibility, and improve profitability.
- Robust Financial Management: Financial management is the basis for any enterprise resource planning application—without it, additional innovations such as modules and integrations would be all for naught. The right ERP builds around a robust core, integrating financial management with other necessary modules.
- Bill of Material/Routing: Bill of material and routing is important for any manufacturer. The right ERP solution can make it easy to plan and manage inventory, cost, and document manufacturing processes while maintaining full revision control.
- Production Management: Create, release, update and monitor work orders throughout the production process, taking control of the entire production schedule from within the ERP solution.
- Material Requirement Planning: Meeting the demands of customers and working with your suppliers is nearly impossible without robust visibility and control. Get a complete view of your entire supply chain, prepare for potential disruptions, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling: Manage and monitor your shop floor schedule and work center capacity, both finite and infinite. Provide your customers with accurate delivery dates based on actual resource availability.
- Estimating: Estimates are one of the most important part of controlling costs and providing timely production. Improve turnaround time, easily calculate costs and prices, and save time by connecting all of this to a quote or opportunity with CRM Integration.
- Product Configuration: You’re expected to provide quality and accuracy to your customers. For companies that need to configure and customize products based on unique needs, it’s easy to make modifications, track costs, and maximize performance.
- Order Management: As customer expectation and supply chain complexity continue to rise, it is more critical than ever to deliver the perfect order. Manage quotes, take control of your workflows, optimize your fulfilment processes, and make changes as needed.
- CRM Integration: Streamline the lead-to-cash process and take control of every interaction by connecting your ERP with your CRM.
Customer Relationship Management
For CPG firms, customer service, competitive pricing, and the ability to meet ever-changing demand are the keys to success.
- Sales Force Automation: Your salesforce needs an accurate picture of every lead, every opportunity, every prospect, and every customer in real time. A CRM that provides effective SFA not only improves sales efficiency, it helps close more deals.
- Marketing Automation: Automate your entiremarketing process across channels, better align campaigns and programs with sales efforts, and track the effectiveness of campaigns in real time.
- Simplify the Lead-to-Cash Process: No matter how complex the sales process, no matter the discounts and rebates applied, the right CRM solution can help you streamline the lead-to-cash process as you work to get your products in the hands of consumers.
- A 360-Degree View of Your Customers: Bring everything together and track every single interaction automatically in order to get a complete, 360-degree view of your customers.
- Forecasting and Quota Management: Prepare for new trends, add predictability to your sales and manufacturing schedules, and improve the sales process with advanced forecasting and quota management. Predict and prepare for monthly changes with probability-based forecasting and make adjustments with ease.
- Real-Time Dashboards and Reporting: Make the right decisions at the right time. Leverage real-time dashboards to get an immediate, accurate, and customizable picture of your business so you can make better decisions in less time.
The manufacturing world moves fast, and if you need to make a decision, you need to make it immediately, accurately, and with all the facts available. Enter Business Intelligence (BI) software. Designed to help end users and business leaders to get all the information quickly, BI software integrates and presents the data you have in easy-to-understand dashboards, charts, and graphs. Slice and dice the data how you see fit so that you can make the right decision—right now.
- Real-Time Reporting and Dashboards: Go for real-time in no time. With a few clicks, you can bring data together from a variety of sources in order to prepare for trends. Slice and dice the data how you see fit—by location, by product, by territory manager or by anything that you can think of.
- See the Big Picture: Take a thousand-foot view of your data. Maybe you just need an at-a-glance look at your sales, profits, or expenses. With modern business intelligence tools, you can do just that.
- Make Decisions on the Go: Your business isn’t confined to one location, why should your data? Get information and make decisions on the go with easy-access mobile apps, web-ready business intelligence, and pre-defined reports.
CPG Firms Grow with MIBAR
As companies in the CPG industry work to address new challenges caused by growth, competition, or changing demand, adapting quickly could be the only way to survive. At MIBAR, we’ve helped CPG companies like yours to select, implement, and use the technology that works best for their unique needs.
Learn more about CPG companies like Dr. Miracle’s journey to modern technology by visiting our case study section, read about why our process results in lower implementation risk and higher satisfaction, and contact us for a free consultation.