Software for the Food and Beverage Industry
Companies in the food and beverage space not only face challenges similar to companies in manufacturing and distribution, they have to operate on much shorter schedule with much more risk and variance.
Products expire, demands change, and prices fluctuate, and the company that can provide the highest quality product at the lowest cost has a leg up on the competition. Whether brewery or bakery, fresh or frozen, lifestyle product or grocery store staple, the food and beverage market is highly regulated, features a complex supply chain, and has minimal margin for error.
At MIBAR, we understand the challenges and needs of companies in the food and beverage industry and have helped companies with unique challenges to improve their processes and technologies in order to thrive locally and globally.
Whether our clients source their materials from down the street or on the other side of the world, they trust and recommend us to implement and support the ERP, CRM, and Business Intelligence solutions they need to see their supply chains more clearly, forecast and adapt to changes in demand, and satisfy customers.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
The right Enterprise Resource Planning solution is at the heart of any good manufacturer or distributor’s business, and this is doubly true for those in the food and beverage industry. Consider a few of the trends in the past few years: A hop shortage has become a hop surplus, customers have increased their demands for supply chain transparency, and food allergens have taken center stage.
As all of this takes place, the burden is on the producers to increase their visibility throughout the supply chain, recognize trends before they hit the market, and drill down into the most granular levels of their inventory. This means that the right ERP is not just a competitive advantage, it’s a necessity.
- Powerful Financial Management: For food and beverage companies, cash flow is often a challenge, so it pays to be in the know. The right financial management module not only provides you the information and compliance you need, it integrates seamlessly with other modules.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Short shelf lives, seasonality that affects both pricing and demand, and cash flow expectations that rely heavily on both. The right ERP can identify trends and allow you to make the right decisions.
- Production Scheduling: Get real-time visibility into inventory status and sales metrics so that you can develop the most accurate production and purchase plans possible.
- In-Depth Inventory Management: Food and beverage producers face strict regulations when it comes to lot traceability and food safety. The right ERP can empower you to trace production from ingredient to product and automate compliance testing.
- Real Time Reporting and Dashboards: Make the right decisions at the right time. Leverage real-time dashboards to get an immediate, accurate, and customizable picture of your business so you can make better decisions in less time.
- Anytime, Anywhere Access: Your factories and warehouses aren’t all in one place, why should your data? Get the information you need at your fingertips with robust ERP available anytime, anywhere.
Customer Relationship Management
- Fulfilment: Ensure that the right products end up in the right hands. Track products from the warehouse to the store, no matter how complex the supply chain.
- A True View of Your Customers: Bring everything together and track every single interaction automatically in order to get a complete, 360-degree view of your customers.
- ERP Integration: Streamline the lead-to-cash process and take control of every customer interaction by connecting your ERP and CRM to gain complete visibility of the entire business.
- Demand Planning: Consumer taste preferences change and it’s up to the producers to plan for this. Leverage historical transactions, new opportunities and other trends to develop a crystal clear picture of present and future demand.
- Omnichannel Customer Experience: Leverage the power of the cloud to manage orders across all channels—web, call center, B2B portal or marketplace—to deliver a true omnichannel experience.
- Organizational Communication: A recall will cost you money, but a poorly handled one could cost you your business. Combine inventory management, ERP, CRM, and customer service to mitigate risk and empower support staff.
Food and Beverage Companies Thrive with MIBAR
Food and beverage manufacturers and distributors face enough complexity to manage in their day-to-day operations, the last thing they need to worry about is trying to make the most out of disparate systems, paper-based processes, and inaccurate spreadsheets.
At MIBAR, we understand the needs of food and beverage companies, and are proud to have helped companies like Kayco, Peanut Butter and Co., Royal Wines Corporation, and more to find the tools and technologies they needed to get the job done faster, more accurately and with less risk than ever before. We welcome you to learn more about our products, our process, and our highly satisfied customers. Ready to learn more?
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with the experts.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Our food and beverage experts can help you optimize your processes and software. Schedule a free consultation to learn how:
Signs Legacy ERP is Holding Your Food and Beverage Business Back
When did you last purchase a new ERP solution? If you’re like most companies, it was likely six to ten years ago. As we will discuss in this whitepaper, things have changed a lot for the food and beverage industry.
For businesses who need extensive customization to a legacy product (i.e. food and beverage), a small upgrade could end up being nearly as complex as the initial implementation. So how does it hurt today’s food and beverage business? Find out in our new whitepaper.