For cloud ERP customers, update season is an exciting time. Something that happens twice each year for companies including NetSuite and Acumatica, users are treated to a vast array of new functionality and enhancements added to the software. Best of all, these improvements come from user requests and are unlikely to break integrations or undo customizations—a key selling point for the cloud.
With 265 new features, 79 of which were requests made directly by NetSuite customers, NetSuite’s 2019 release two was touted by Peter Fung and Kendall Fisher as “a barbecue, blockbuster and trip to Disneyland all rolled into one.”
What’s New in NetSuite 2019 Release 2?
Released in August and discussed in a recent blog and episode of the NetSuite Podcast, 2019 Release 2 brought a variety of new features to the product, including new financial capabilities and refined human capital management processes to beefed-up analytics and an expanded box of developer tools, as well as a wide array of industry-specific features.
As a leading NetSuite Partner, we would like to discuss some of these new features and what they mean for users and potential customers.
Human Capital Management Enhancements
Managing your people and tracking them is often easier said than done. In the latest release, NetSuite delivered the following additions to their HCM capabilities. These enhancements will allow leaders to:
- Better understand employee tenure and employment history by quickly viewing key milestones and timelines.
- Gain more flexibility in managing hourly time-off accruals, including audit trails for how accruals are earned.
- Get an accurate view of their HR landscapes with improved dashboard components.
Improvements to Mobile ERP
ERP products are complicated, often making it hard to provide a great mobile experience. But NetSuite has continued to make improvements for users, helping them to stay connected even on the go.
- iPhone users of NetSuite can now capture time and expense offline, when they are not connected. Once connected, the app will sync all the information captured.
- Simplified navigation will help users easily maneuver through app.
- A dashboard call log enables easy tracking of incoming and outgoing business calls.
- Reset password has also been added for forgotten passwords.
SuiteAnalytics Gets Better
Built into NetSuite, the SuiteAnalytics offers functionality for users who want actionable data within their ERP. Added to the platform:
- An intuitive new user interface brings those insights to the entire NetSuite environment faster than ever.
- Pre-built SuiteAnalytics workbooks for Commerce, Sales and Procurement improve execution by highlighting opportunities and revealing potential issues.
Global Financials Improvements
Vital for any business, financial capabilities are the backbone of an ERP product. On the financial front, NetSuite 2019 Release 2 will provide the increasingly diversified and global population of NetSuite customers with:
- Improved multi-subsidiary management and accounting.
- New advanced data import features that streamline bank reconciliation.
- More flexible and granular revenue recognition capabilities.
- Improved support for your operations around the world with general ledger impact printing for China and additional depreciation methods for Japan.
These are just some of the improvements added to the software—not including the variety of industry-specific additions, platform improvements, and more, something we will break down in an upcoming blog.
As a leading provider of NetSuite for clients in New York and beyond, MIBAR has the skills and experience to make this product work for your business. In fact, we’ve been known to save a few implementation “failures” and make the product work when our competitors couldn’t. Get to know more about our work and contact us for a free consultation.
Check out these additional resources on NetSuite: