I struggled for a while to figure out what appeared to be a simple client request: to automatically add and remove users from Access Teams based on simple business logic.
The solution was ultimately quite easy, but I could not find documentation online anywhere so decided to make a guide.
To use flow to add or remove users from Access Teams, you will need to Perform a Bound Action, either AddUserToRecordTeam or RemoveUserFromRecordTeam.
You will need three Items:
- User GUID – Who are you adding/removing?
- Record GUID – Record with the Access Team. In my example I use Account.
- Team Template ID (GUID) – A GUID assigned to the Team Template when you first create it.
- It is important to know Access Teams are automatically created/deleted and exist only if they contain at least one user. Upon removing the final user, the team ceases to exist and appears to be deleted from the back end.
- The naming convention for Access Team’s: Record GUID+Team Template ID.
- g. 3469745b-5616-ec11-b6e6-000d3a17cb1b+fec3b42c-1ec7-ec11-a7b6-0022482b01e2
Here is what Access Teams look like as they are created on the backend:
Now that you know where to find all three components, build a flow to perform the action:
To remove a user, simply select RemoveUserFromRecordTeam and use the same syntax.
Contact Our Power Automate Experts
At MIBAR, we have the experience and expertise to set up the entire Microsoft Power Platform including Microsoft Power Automate, Power BI, and PowerApps for your company. Get to know more about the work we do, read our Microsoft Power Automate case study, and contact us for more information.