Investing in a cloud-based ERP solution like NetSuite means your new applications can be connected with existing systems and any new systems you implement in the future. Some of these systems may be part of the NetSuite family, like CRM; others may be housed on-premise, like your HR system. Still others may encompass your cloud-based helpdesk software or Google Apps.
With the right application development tools, all of these systems can share information and enable your employees to perform the tasks they need to perform without rekeying transactions or dealing with pesky workarounds. Isn’t that why you’re investing in IT in the first place?
All Together Now: NetSuite Integrations
If you’re moving your company’s IT environment—or pieces of it—into the cloud, software application integrations are going to be a key to your success. Your data lives in many places, including your legacy systems; the more new technology you introduce, cloud-based or otherwise, the more data you’ll be collecting, sharing, and analyzing—and the more streamlined your workflows will become.
In order to make the most of your data and the processes that generate it, your disparate systems need to be linked together. Thank goodness for flexible APIs that make it easy to put your data in sync.
NetSuite’s technology platform provides the tools to allow customers, partners and developers to customize NetSuite to meet specific business needs. In fact, NetSuite is the only business software vendor to offer integration features between their ERP, CRM, and eCommerce software systems in a single, unified package. The SuiteCloud platform allows developers, working in conjunction with your business team, to generate robust extensions, customizations, and integrations that work the way you need them to.
Here’s an overview of the NetSuite’s SuiteCloud tools as part of this process:
- SuiteFlow gives users the freedom to customize and automate business processes within NetSuite and between other business systems.
- SuiteScript allows developers and administrators to create flexible logic within NetSuite to accommodate specific business needs.
- SuiteTalk makes it easy for NetSuite to integrate with existing on-premise systems and third party cloud applications.
- SuiteAnalytics provides Business Intelligence to any customizations or applications built with SuiteCloud.
- SuiteBuilder makes customizing NetSuite application forms, fields and records a simple—and enables use of your company’s own terminology and branding.
Next Step: Meeting Your Specific Business Needs
MIBAR provides custom development services to extend NetSuite’s core capabilities as part of both initial implementation and for ongoing process improvement projects. Here are highlights of recent custom integration projects we’ve worked on with clients:
- Using REST, enabled a client’s vendor to pass drop-ship orders received on their website to our client’s NetSuite instance in real-time
- Used REST and Web Services to allow a client’s shipping solution (ShipWorks) to handle order fulfillments for all of their online marketplaces.
- Using XML and SOAP, built a custom real-time sales order integration from Dynamics CRM into an aging legacy ERP solution.
- Built a custom real-time integration using SQL server to a tier one WMS platform to a legacy ERP solution.
Need more help? MIBAR offers expert NetSuite customizations and support. Contact us today to learn more.